Wednesday, December 21, 2011

That Ottolenghi is a GENIUS

This week when I got my veg box I sighed in disgust as I found another bag of brussell sprouts. What am I suppose to do with these? I thought as I threw them into our crisper to join the brussels sprouts I got in my last box. Maybe the chickens would want them.

Not one who likes to waste food I thought, well, if anyone can make brussels sprouts taste good, Ottolenghi can. I went to my Plenty cookbook to see if he happened to have a recipe calling for this hideous veg, and to my mild disappointment he did. (I was hoping to give them to the chickens) Tofu with Brussels Sprouts. Here are the results…



That man is a genius! I hate brussels sprouts but this dish was gorgeous! I would definitely make it again. I have given up trying to convince Martin tofu is good so I put a little of the sauce to the side, cooked some chicken with it and added to his portion. (he accidentally got some tofu in his dish and said, that tofu is no good is it? I thought it was delicious so of course corrected him) Was very simple to make and doesn’t use any weird ingredients that you don’t already have or wouldn’t want in your kitchen.

I love you Ottolenghi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home