Thursday, August 02, 2012

Howe Farm in Pictures

These are Buff Orpingtons, which we breed. They are my favourite chicken we have. They seem very regal to me.

I have to collect eggs (about 1000) every day. They come out on this conveyer belt, and there is a handle I turn to make it go forward.  I then have to grade them, which means putting each one through a machine that weighs and stamps them. Yes, it is as dull as it sounds.

Howdy 
This is the spooky dead tree on our farm we are considering using for our logo. There is an owl box on it and we have seen the owl swooping over our fields. Its partner lives in another owl box in another field.

Our sad little BBQ that has hardly been used. Beyond the tree line is Tony Blair's house!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely bucolic scenes of the farm. Hope the animals thrive, and get along with each other and their owners.

Love,
Mom
x

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously... Tony Blair's house? THE Tony Blair? Does his wife go to ladies night at the pub???
Smadely

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those hens remind me of the chicken Muppet in the Muppet movie, and all her friends. Hey, have you ever seen "Chicken Run"? I do not recommend it for a chicken farmer. But what do you do with 1000 eggs a day??? Do you really sell that many?
Ade

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home