Thursday, December 20, 2012

Geese!

A local farmer friend asked...we've got some geese we don't want, do you? What for free? Of COURSE I do. And so it came to pass geese have been welcomed onto the farm.


They are actually quite pretty and I like watching them waddle around. They hiss though which isn't very pleasant. "Geese, would you like some bread?"  "Hisssssssssss" is their response. They take the bread anyway. Geese make excellent guard animals as they make a right old noise if anyone unannounced, or announced for that matter, shows up. They also bite. Luckily not me. They know where their bread comes from! We were given 7 and Martin's dad couldn't help comment it really should have been 6 for this time of year..."6 Geese a laying...." I am quite excited about them...welcome geese!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad it wasn't a HORSE!!

Mom

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see those geese and I think, "Australian Shepard." Can we bring Luke on our next trip? K8

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home