Monday, August 23, 2010

Plenty

Tonight I made this soup from my new cook book Plenty



It was delicious. And uses a lot our garden stock. Fennel (from farmers market), tomatoes, beans, carrots, onion and herbs. Highly recommend. And didn't take that long to make!

Not much going on really. We are in the process of trying to meet with caterers and tasting their food before we choose one. Work is the same. The rain has started but it is still fairly warm. Looking forward to the bank holiday coming up and a day off work.

Martin's birthday was last week as was our engagement party. The party was a lot of fun except for the rain. We had a BBQ during the day so friends with babies could come, and then went to the pub for the evening. Probably the most rain we have had in about three months. But, that's England. For his birthday I am taking Martin to a spa over night and hopefully he will enjoy the pampering!

Oh, and I bought a dress! I am very happy with it and think it will be perfect for the day. Now I just need shoes and a veil! Although I think I will borrow Martin's sister's veil. A veil is veil after all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the name of the soup? And who wrote the cookbook?
Oh, forget about all that stuff... what about the DRESS?
Smadely

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home