Friday, January 06, 2012

Three Eggs!

Our chickens haven't been laying as much lately. It is said to be because the days are shorter and the lack of sunlight effects their laying patterns.

However, after a full month of one egg a day, ON A GOOD DAY, I have had enough so I had a little talk with the chickens.

"Look, chickens, if you don't start laying soon, heads are going to roll. I won't eat you, but Martin will. You are expendable."

And lo and behold, three eggs today!



You can tell who lays what egg by the colour and shape of the egg, and interestingly, these eggs come from ginger, white and grey chicken. Black chicken has gone off laying and hasn't been playing with the other chickens lately. I think she might be a little upset as ginger and white chicken have been spending more time together and perhaps she feels left out. I have tried to get her to hang out with grey chicken but so far no dice. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I love how you and Martin talk to the chickens.
Smadely

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home