Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I've said it once...

And I'll say it again and again. I heart you Ottolenghi!

I decided to buy some cabbage as it is in season and it looked pretty and I figured it might be a good idea to get to know this veg and try to make it interesting. I know of one very good place for interesting recipes...my Ottolenghi cookbook, Plenty! In it there is a recipe for stuffed cabbage. AND IT IS F*&$ing GREAT!



Stuffed with rice and vermicelli noodles, the seasoning is fantastic and the texture spot on. The cabbage doesn't smell great, but wrapped around the filling and seasoned with parm and a white wine sauce, it tastes great.

I had this as a main and served it to Martin as a side to his chicken, of a similar theme. Works better as a side. It doesn't re-heat brilliantly so try and eat it all on the first night. Yum-my!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home