Monday, February 06, 2012

Tomorrow is the big day!

That's right, tomorrow we send away two of our little piggies! We load them up first thing tomorrow morning and will pick them up from the butcher Saturday.



I have been trying to not think about tomorrow and instead have been stressing over the logistics of it all. I am mostly worried about getting the two boys in the trailer and keeping the lady pig, Rosey, in the pen. I think it will be doable, but right now, that is what I am most worried about. I have spent today getting everything ready, and I feel well prepared for the most part. Once we get the pigs in the trailer, I will feel much better. Until I come home with an empty trailer and have to face up to Rosey. I am hopeful she will be glad to see them gone. Lately they have been mounting her and she doesn't seem too pleased about it. As they are brothers and sister, that doesn't end well for anyone, and probably best they are on their way.

To keep Rosey company we have arranged to pick up two weaners on Thursday. They are of different breed but they should get along. Hopefully they won't mount her. I think she has had enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home