Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Happy New Year!

Today the sun is shining and in the last 9 days we have only had ONE evening of rain. Everything is still muddy and gross, but when the sun is shining, who cares? I would like to clarify that 9 dry days does not mean 9 sunny days. Today it is sunny, and this is an exception.

Here is what is happening on the farm...

Pigs are growing! We get three new ones this weekend and our pregnant gilt the weekend following!



I spent the morning shovelling shit into our fruit cage. This is very hard work but that is okay as I plan to make cupcakes later and now have the excuse I need to eat as many as I want. Once the manure has worked its way into the soil, our raspberries will be planted in here.



And although it is hard to tell, my onion and garlic bed is springing up and growing nicely! I can't wait for the days to get longer and warmer so some proper gardening can begin to take place!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful in the sunshine!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K8

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem ... how long does it take the manure to work its way into the soil?

Mom

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home