Tuesday, July 04, 2006

AIDS Life Cycle 2006


I have been back from the ride for a long time and yet have not posted about my trip. Not sure why but at long last here is the scoop. The ride was really great and I am really happy I did it but boy am I glad it is over. Although I have done little to no exercise since I have been back and can feel my body deterioating, the training was getting to me. Not that I don't like riding my bike but when you HAVE to ride your bike it seems less fun. I rode most of the ride-actually pretty much all of the ride-with Kevin. If you know Kevin then it is needless to say he took very good care of me. He even waited while I fixed all FIVE of my flats and if it weren't for him and his trusty patch kit I would still be out there. I found the ride this year a little boring as I know the route pretty well now and knew what to expect. This can be good and bad. I tended to let past bad days sabotage those days yet to come and had to re-adjust my attitude or I would have been miserable the whole time. The food was awful, the weather was hot and it was super fun having Jen and Shari there. I wish I had more to tell but really, it all just clumps together in a big warm gushy feeling that is hard to explain. I am sad that I won't be able to do it again next year but am so glad I got to do so many times. And a big thank you to all my family that was there at the end to cheer me in. I can't tell you what a joy it is to see you all there!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home