Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Apple Pie Cake


I thought to make things interesting (for me) I would start posting about various recipes I am trying. I seem to bake and cook a lot and I know I am always looking for something yummy to make so maybe you are to! My first feature recipe is a cake given to me by super-baker Ginny in request for something to do with all those apples!

You can find it here...

Apple Pie Cake

The recipe calls for a springform pan. I am not really sure what that is but I know I don't have one so I used a cake tin instead. This worked fine. I liked this cake much better the second day after I had kept it in the fridge over night so I would recommend making way in advance to let it cool thoroughly before serving. This cake was yummy and simple to make, but a little time consuming. It took ages to peel and core all those apples and it has to cook for over an hour and then cool for several more. So I would recommend this recipe, but only if you are not in a hurry to eat it. I give it, out of 5, 4 mooneys.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE the rating system, Amber (love it!). Sooo appropriate ;-)

I sent Declan some Santa Party Bars. I told him I was sure they were the subject of Chapter 5 of "How to Win Friends and Influence People." Kate

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa's Party Bars in September???? Sacrilegious!
We have an apple tree, alas, the apples are out of season. One to try for next year... or not, the apples are very small! Smadely

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home