Tuesday, August 04, 2009

August in England

Weather wise-this summer has been pants. We had a lovely Spring and a pretty warm June, and then July came along and with it the rain and grey skies and not so warm afternoons.

Last weekend we went to Poole for the weekend, and this is what it looked like...




This is myself with Martin's mum and dad. In case it isn't apparent-that isn't a blue sky you see but mist and fog. I thought I had left the fog in San Francisco but apparently not. It was too bad as the views were amazing as we walked along the cliffs on the sea and up this beautiful meadow. Well, I am assuming it was amazing. As you can see, we couldn't see too far ahead of ourselves. At the top we were awarded with spectacular views. and the fog lifted just enough for us to see them.


It was actually a lovely walk and I look forward to doing it again in nicer weather. Perhaps in November when it is freezing and the wind is at hurricane force but there won't be a cloud in the sky.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know the phrase "pants" so now I'm curious--slang us Yankees just don't hear, or a new phrase?
Smadely

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, chicky-babe...you managed to leave SF for a colder and foggier place. I won't torture you with a description of what August in Southern CA is like this year ;-) Kate

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home