Saturday, June 20, 2009

Accepted!

Today I got my visa. YAY! I am so relieved I can't even tell you. I got home yesterday afternoon and their was a slip from the post man saying sorry he missed me, there was a letter that needed to be signed for and I could pick it up at the post office the next day. As the letter was addressed to a Miss Amber Elizabeth Mooney I knew it had to be my letter from the home office about my visa. I spent most of the day really stressed out. I was so convinced it would be a rejection. Not to mention that Martin is away for the weekend and I had to decide when to tell him. Wait til he gets home, tell him the day before he gets home so he can think about it. In my head I was on my way home, even though my heart wanted to stay. So, I woke up and went down to the post office first thing. I don't think I have ever met a man who works as slowly as the gentleman helping people at the post office. And what do you know, it wasn't a rejection but the visa I have been waiting six months for. Yay.

Although this has all been quite traumatic and an emotional roller coaster, I think it has been good for me. I think about home all the time and I miss it every day, but when I was faced with the prospect of having to leave England, it made me really sad. I really like living here. It can be really hard and a tad lonely but I live in a beautiful place and with a beautiful person. And I'm not ready to leave. Which I would have to have done should this application been rejected. It has been a good test for me and I can now say that I really do want to be here, which is nice. It is also nice not to have to worry about it anymore. I feel so much lighter and free. And I can look for a job properly now. I almost feel like I have my independence back. And I am very happy to close this chapter of my life. Yay!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations... i guess we have to plan a trip to London to see you for sure, now!
Smadely

12:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yeah! I am so happy for you and all of us now we come see you. I know it must be a real relief.
Pamela

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicky-babe - you really must email such great news. I found out quite by accident from mom this weekend!

Congratulations!!! :-)

Kate

P.S. To answer a question of yours from a previous post, yes, Beyonce is big here too. I quite like her myself...never seen a woman move so sexy without looking like a complete hoe.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home