Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The joy of minature reese's peanut butter cups

My neighbor just came back from San Francisco and I begged him to bring me some miniature Reeses peanut butter cups. Like the good neighbour he is, he brought back two HUGE bags of them. It is all I can do not to sit down with them right now, 9:00 in the morning, and proceed to watch trashy TV while I finish a baby blanket I am making. Alas, I have a job to look for and maybe today is the day I find it.

There is something about the English that makes them not like chocolate and peanut butter. I personally think it is one of the most brilliant combinations known to men, but they just aren't big on peanut butter here. In some ways this works to my advantage, as I know Martin won't touch my two large bags. But then when I want a peanut butter snack, it is hard to find. The closest you can get is peanut M&Ms, and that is just not the same at all!

I am in training for a half marathon right now and have to run 9 miles today. This is good as I can eat a fair few Reeses before I go and not feel too bad about it. And the weather is a lot cooler today so it should be a nice run. It was very hot and humid yesterday, which was nice, but today has gone back to normal English weather. Grey and cold. And if you haven't sponsored me yet-I am running to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity-why don't you do so now! Here you go, here's the link...

http://www.justgiving.com/Amber-Mooney/

I can't do it without you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does seem to be a plus when the boyfriend does not enjoy the same sweet fixations, like peanut butter and chocolate...or in my Tim's case, chocolate as a whole. Like you said, more for me. But have you experienced wanting to split a desert in a restaurant and having to settle for the apple pie instead of the lava cake w/ice-cream? It can suck. Kate

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find that the miniature version of Reese's is not quite as tasty, doesn't have the exactly right proportion of peanut butter to chocolate, as the full sized cups. But if you have been living deprived, I'm sure they taste delicious!
Smadely

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mom said...

I beg to differ. Even if eaten in bites rather than popping the whole thing in ones mouth the miniatures have the same balance of chocolate and peanut butter throughout while the larger ones can offer bites that are low on chocolate. None the less ... the tastiest of treats!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home