Monday, September 07, 2009

The British Library

Last week I intended to go on two interviews. Sadly the BBC decided they were no longer recruiting for the role I applied for but would contact me in December should they decide to recruit then. Boo. But I did have my interview with the British Library. I didn't think it went all that well. I usually do really well in interviews but because I was so out of practice I was having a hard time choosing my words and found myself rambling. I thought at some points they stopped listening to me altogether.

I must have done alright though because they offered me the internship. Good news! It doesn't pay great and only lasts until the end of January but it will be a great learning experience and will look great on my CV, hopefully making me more attractive to future employers. I hope to keep my part time job while I do the internship so I am going from hardly working at all to working too much. But I am not complaining. I am very pleased. Yay!

So today I am enjoying the afternoon not having to work or look for a job. Feels good. Friday Martin and I are off to Amsterdam for the weekend. Martin for a work conference and me to take advantage of a free place to stay. Whoo hoo!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get the chance, check out Anne Frank's house while in Amsterdam (assuming you read the book). It's pretty interesting, although, of course, sad too. Kate

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! And congratulations on the job (of course!). Kate

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! Be sure to check out the Beatles manuscripts in the music section while you are there ;-)
have some indonesian food while there, they serve pretty good indonesian food (former colony) and as you know it's yummy and vegetarian too.
Smadely

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home