Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bread and Butter Pudding



Bread and Butter pudding is a traditional English dessert that I had never ever heard of before moving here. It is Martin's dads birthday tomorrow and he requested I make him one and here it is. It looks burned but it isn't. It is just the marmalade cooked on top. In real life it looks really good. I used Jamie Oliver's recipe which isn't a very traditional version but Martin thought his dad would like it. A traditional recipe would be a cinnamon and eggy batter poured over stale bread and baked in the oven. After you take it out and let it set a little while then you serve with cream or ice cream. My favourite version is made with chocolate. This recipe took EIGHT egg yolks-lucky my ladies are good layers!-so I used the left over egg whites to make some meringues, which are cooking nicely in the oven as we speak. I will let you know how they turn out. Pretty good I should imagine with some fresh English berries :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fabulous! Did you see the Jaime Oliver flash mob link on my facebook page? Delightful too!
Smadely

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home