Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday



As I have mentioned, one of my favourite English things to eat are cream teas. Lately I have been making my own scones and I have to say, they are delicious. With some fresh whipped cream and raspberry jam, you would be hard press to find anything as delightful. A perfect tea time snack on a gloomy Sunday afternoon.



The highlight of the garden at the moment is our broccoli. Our first! Who knows if this will actually grow big enough to eat but I love to see our broccoli giving it a good go. And it is nice to see something green in what is otherwise a very bare garden.



This is the bird table Martin's dad made us for Christmas. Who knew watching birds trying to get the food you put out for them could be so amusing? And the bird table has actually attracted not just your garden variety pigeon but blue tits and robins and black birds and a pesky squirrel as well. The birds arrive every morning waiting for our treats. Martin recently experience bird guilt when he was running late and was unable to put any seeds out. I think they have forgiven him though.

Chickens say hi.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber - I think you are in love with your chickens again, even if you don't name them ;-) That's nice :-) Those scones look delish....I know you'll be getting married and all, but perhaps you can practice freezing and defrosting them, as they seem they would be quite lovely for our cupcake day - ha, ha, ha! No pressure, though Chicky-babe :-) K8

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home