Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pot of Gold

Not so long ago Simon came to visit us and we went on a nice walk to the pub and back. On the way home, rain clouds closed in on us and produced the most magnificent rainbow ever. Better than the one that was over my house. It was so big you couldn't photograph it and we could see both ends. I mean just look at Simon and Martin in this picture, even they couldn't believe it!



AND THEN, we turned around and saw THE VERY PLACE where the rainbow ended. It was in some bushes and I KNOW there was a pot of gold waiting there for us. But Martin wouldn't look for me and neither would Simon (I think as a guest to the country he should have done whatever I demanded but he clearly did not agree)



Should Martin and I ever have money problems I will be sure to remind him that all of our troubles could have been avoided if he would have just gone and got the pot of gold like I asked him. And when he says, huh, what, what pot of gold? I can then refer him to this post for the photographic evidence.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, all I could think about when I saw the picture was... HOW far away is the pub?
Smadely

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh, Adrienne; you do have a way with words!

Love,
Mom
x

3:14 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

This pub is a bit of a walk. I would say about 2 miles. Walking there and back justifies having a dessert.

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dessert explains why you wouldn't use Landy, although if I think about it more, the entire way of life you've chosen explains why you wouldn't use Landy.
Smadely

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home