Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Peanut butter cream cheese frosting is evil genius

My friend Caroline came to visit husband and I in the country and to mark the occasion I wanted to bake a cake to knock her socks off. (She has a sweet tooth to rival any Mooney!) I have a few baking books I would normally go to, but I was a bit bored of them so decided to troll the internet to see what I could find.

The one that came up most when you googled "most amazing cake ever" was this chocolate cake...

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake

I have made it several times and the raves are correct, it IS the best chocolate cake ever. And one I have made for her before.

I then found this...

http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/08/chocolate-peanut-butter-cake/

BINGO! I knew Martin wouldn't like it but it wasn't really for him anyway plus I always make cakes just for him and this time I was making a cake just for me. I mean just for CAROLINE.

The best thing about this cake is the peanut butter cream cheese frosting. I was slightly delighted/horrified when I had some left over. I would have to eat it all, it was too good to waste! But it was rather a lot so I just saved it and will frost some future chocolate cupcakes with it. The idea of eating it all made even me a little sick. The ganache unfortunately cooled too much so I don't have quite the drip effect I was hoping for, but it still tasted great which is what really matters.

Here is lucky Caroline with her cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home