Friday, December 08, 2006

It's a Twister! It's a Twister!


And here I thought I had moved someplace that was free from natural disasters. The tornado was actually very close to my house but don't worry, I am safe and sound and no damage has been done. It was about 11:00 when a very loud clap of thunder woke me up. Yes folks, I was still sleeping at 11:00 and loving every minute of it. I would say it was the loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard but once in Santa Barbara there was a very large lightening storm that travelled right over my house and I think that was the loudest. Anyway, for some reason I hadn't pulled down my shade and when the thunder woke me up a very dark sky welcomed me. I was waiting for more lightening when all of the sudden sheets of rain came pouring from the sky. I don't think I have ever seen so much water, and at one point it started falling sideways. And then it stopped and the sky opened up and later I found out there was a tornado near by. Apparently it is the sixth one this year. I think as far as tornados go this one was pretty minor but it kind of reminded me of home because the news people totally over reacted and there were special updates all night long. And as you can see some people did suffer some damage. Now that I know what the sky looks like before it happens I can be more prepared next time. Although what does one do in the case of tornado? I don't think running underneather a table would help.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weren't Dorothy and Toto headed for the basement? A tornado! Jeez, Amber; you flee earthquakes and run right into tornados. Glad you are OK.

Mom

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>>I don't think running underneather a table would help.

Ha, ha, ha! Kate

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home