Thursday, August 24, 2006

Home sweet home

My new home is great but it doesn't have internet so I haven't been able to post and as I am at an internet cafe right now I won't be able to put any pics up. We are going to get internet, just haven't yet. Anyway, I love my place and I will show you what it looks like when I can. I do have roomies, an Australlan male and a German girl. They are both really really nice and I think we will all get along really well. Across the street from me is a HUGE park where I have seen people running and playing football. The tube is about a ten minute walk and there tons of shops and pubs surrounding us. I have spent the last few days trying to get settled and I am just waiting for Laura and Stinky to get here so I can go off and see the sights. I can't wait for their visits! It has been a lonely transition but so much better now that I have moved. Yesterday I went and listened to a classical concert at St Martins in the Fields and then had tea afterwards. It was such a lovely way to spend the afternoon and I can see wanting to do that often. I went with Jesse, an American I met on the airplane and new to moving to London too. My first official friend in London. This weekend Stinky will be here who has oddly enough never been to London, so I can't wait to show him all the things I love.

By the way, my new place is pretty big and has plenty of room for visitors...;-)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news, Amber. You have a home, friends, Mozart and tea, Laura and Stinky on the way; what more could a transplanted American ask? Eagerly await the pics.

Mom
x

6:19 AM  
Blogger Blissfully Ignorant said...

You know, we could use some stories and pics about "Food On Your Clothes." Now that would truly be sticking to the blog theme.

Just call me the brainstorm magician...where ideas magically appear. Maybe it's all the radiation from sitting in front of a computer all day.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicky-babe - thanks for the email and like mom, can't wait to see the pics of the new place. It sounds like you already have a few new friends, you social butterfly you -- I'm impressed! Kate :-)

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amber I have mail I'm waiting to send you the old fashioned way... can you send an address? How are those "Walking London" cards coming along... any good ideas in 'em so far?

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Fancy Pants!!!!! I love London. It sounds like you are going to have a great time. Don't forget to study though!

love
fancy pants!!!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ambercita,

I know you are in Espana with Laura, no doubt irritating each other and having a great time. Congrats on the new home. Sounds perfect. We'll miss you this Saturday at the La Med bash.

Love,
Ellen

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiquita Bonita,

Everything sounds great! I can't wait to hear all about Spain and you definetly have to post lots of pictures.

Keep on bloggin'
Jen

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you coming home, dear? I need tales of London and Spain....

xoxo,
Jen

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amber, great you made a friend already. Speaking of St Martins in the Field brings back great memories of our trip to London. I saw an excellent concert there, actually if was a rehersal for that nights concert, and they let people in for free to listen. I made out. May be something you want to watch out for. The concerts are expensive, but if you can catch the rehersals, well..they are just as rewarding. Cant wait to see some pictures of your new place. Enjoy! Love, Maryanne

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okey Amber, I think I figured out how to have my name posted in my message to you rather that being an anonymous. In the other messages I sent you I couldnt figure it out, did I have to be a member, what? Ahh. Anyway, think I got it now, will be in touch.
From the computer illiterate one, Maryanne

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home