Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Random Thoughts

Still no pics. Soon, I promise. I even took pics of my room mates so I can post them as soon as possible. My life will be so much easier when I have internet at home!

Rain is threatening today and you know, for a place where it is suppose to rain all the time, it is awfully hard to find an umbrella. And people do use them here, I've seen them.

In other news Madonna brought home her new baby yesterday and boy, does the press here hate her for it! She is in the papers everyday and they think this is just about the worse thing she has ever done. I am tempted to go to the neighborhood where she lives and see if I can find her house with all the media outside. Then when people come to visit I will have something REALLY cool to show them.

I have been trying to think of a good goal for me and I think it is going to be the London Marathon. I have toyed with the idea of doing a marathon for a long time and you know, I don't have a lot going on right now except school so why not? I think if I can do this I can do just about anything. It is hard to secure a spot and although I would want to do this for charity, you don't have to raise as much money if you have secured a spot on your own instead of securing a spot through a charity. There is one charity in particular I want to run for but they would require I raise £1500. Thats a lot. I am also considering running for the SF AIDS Foundation-see what they can do to help me out. We'll see. I still need to send in my ballot. Must do today...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Amoonpie, no news about a job with the temp agency? Baseball right now is pretty unexciting. I guess I do hope the Tigers win the world series. Rooting for the Cardinals is a bit like rooting for the World Series Champion Angels team since so many of the same players are now with St. Louis, but I just can't get too excited about it.
Love Ade

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WoW! wOw! WOW! The London Marathon! That is very cool. Let me know when you start your fund raising. Maybe we can do a little fundraising for you at the restaurant. I'd be happy to spread the word.

I hope your well.

Love,
Jen

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home