Monday, June 25, 2007

I am turning into my mother

First, I kind of look like my mom. No, I don't look like a 70 year old woman, but when I was younger I looked a lot like my mom at that age. I would be curious to see if the trend has continued.

Second, I knit, as does my mom. Never did I think knitting would be cool.

Third I like the ballet (and musicals) . I don't find it boring at all and if I had money I would go more often.

And now I am obsessed with cross word puzzles! It started as an accident. I have a couple of friends who like to do them together and on my trip I got hooked. Kat and I would do them "together" (as in I do all of the easy ones as in ________ Christ 5 letters and she does the rest) and now I carry a pen with me everywhere I go in case someone leaves a newspaper, preferable the Metro where the easy ones live, on the train. This weekend I had to work and instead of doing reading for my dissertation I bought a crossword book and worked on them for SIX hours. I am excited for the day when I can do one in a real newspaper and know enough about British pop culture to work those clues out. I use to love the number puzzles so I guess this is on the same lines but I always figured my vocab wasn't good enough to do crossword puzzles. And it still isn't! What's next mom?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Acrophobia?

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No; HORSES!!!

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too late for horses, mom, she's into elephants and turtles now. I think it's high time you changed your lunchtime menu into quesadillas exclusively, you vegetarian you. You'll be dying for anything with a tortilla by the time you leave London...
smadely

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home