Monday, April 02, 2007

It's Sunny! (I think)

I am pretty sure the sky is blue right now but it is hard to be sure. It looks kind of gray but I think that is smog. It is really strange living some place again with smog. San Francisco may have been foggy most of the time but at least when it was clear it was crystal clear. This smog stuff is no good.

I am suppose to be working on my class work now as I have 6 papers due at the end of April but I thought I would procrastinate a bit and update my blog. Hmmmm. Well, my trip to Turkey is off. I couldn't decide how long to go for and once I decided the tour I wanted was booked. I am pretty bummed about it. Especially since I e-mailed them and asked how far ahead I should book and theoretically still had plenty of time. Oh well. Now instead I am going to Sri Lanka. A place I have heard of before but didn't really know where it was. It is near India on the Indian Ocean. It is dirt cheap to go, cheaper than Turkey, and I will be going with a friend from school so at least I won't be alone. I am still going to Turkey though. Dammit. We are going to Sri Lanka at the end of the monsoon season (depending on which source you ask that is. Some claim it is the middle of the monsoon season) so we run the risk of being rained out but we are going to risk it. It all feels very exotic.

Have I mentioned my new love for fennel? I got one in my vegi box and not knowing what to do with it my sister passed on a recipe for lentils with fennel and it was so good I made myself sick cause I couldn't stop eating it. I am getting some more in my box next week and I can hardly contain my excitement. Hee hee.

Alright, back to work. Sigh...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amoonpie,
I noticed sadly that no one had left you a comment trying to talk you out of going to Sri Lanka. Please email me if you are interested in hearing more on this line of thought!
Smadely

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home