Friday, May 11, 2007

PRINCE

I missed Prince when he played in the Bay Area. I was upset. Who wouldn't want to see this musical genius live? Well now I am almost glad I missed him in SF because he is playing all of his hits, and we have been assured hits only, in London and I have tickets. Yay yay yay yay! I am so excited! I can't wait to see how tiny he is. And from my seats I am sure he will look very tiny. Who cares? Can you dig it? Whoop whoop.

I went to the Museum of Natural History today. It was okay. Geared towards kids and there were a lot of them around, but it was still cool to see all the dinosaurs. I don't think I will ever have to go back but I am glad I went once. Kind of like the London Dungeon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey A, I am thinking of giving my students a final: "Nerdify this." In this final, they must get the lyrics of a song that reflects their time/generation and footnote the hell out of it. I was going to do a mock-up of this project for them and decided to do Prince's "Sign O' the Times." How funny you are going to see him live!
Smadely

10:25 PM  
Blogger Angel Marckwordt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Amber,

Long time no see :)

I stumbled upon your blogger through Matt's blog...So, I decided to write my two cents about Prince's performance in the bay area some years back.
(This is very cool, I'll have my own blog up sometime soon.)

I hope you have a great time in London, enjoy the concert!

I grew up with his music and it brings pleasant childhood memories every time I hear his songs. Unfortunately I also missed Prince when he performed at Ruby Sky here in the bay area. A few days after his performance I called the club to talk to a friend, instead a bouncer answered the phone. Somehow we started talking about the concert and he got excited while describing his experience to me...
"Hey man, I'm hard core and s#%@ bro, you know how I am a big guy? and...and...I have been a bouncer for a long time... But.. when Prince was singing and I still get chills down my spine thinking about it, I started to cry it was SO awesome. I am not gay or anything, but I was balling! it was the most amazing experience ever bro!. and you missed it."

Uh, yeah, no kidding! anyway, so there you have it, a little unknown trivia about a random phone conversation with a bouncer guy, and his candid description about an unforgettable night we both missed...

Cheers,

Angel Marckwordt
MayanArtist@gmail.com
(We met on Easter weekend)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amber! I found your blog through your facebook profile - but how funny - I'm off to see Prince in a couple of weeks! I didn't know it was a "hits only" thing - how awesome :-)

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home