Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Knitting Fun

Mitch Braff if you read my blog than advert your eyes now as these are presents for your current and future children. I am so excited about them though I had to post them.

I found the pattern for this on the internet and have actually been working on it for a while but now that I am finished with all my papers I was able to finish it. There are a couple of mistakes but hopefully no one will notice. I put on one of my very special made by Amber tags. Sadly, this is not machine washable so not sure how really useful it will be. (I still need to press it as well)


This hat was a good learning project as it was my first attempt working with colour and I had to crochet the trim which I have never done before. I felt proud I was able to teach myself and I am almost 100% certain I did it correctly. It looks even cuter in person. I am in love with it.

Now I am going to work on a vest and I guess pick up the cable sweater. I am less motivated by that project now as I won't be able to wear it for a while. And I made a mistake and I am too lazy to rip it out. And that folks is what I have been doing since finishing my course work. I need to write my proposal for my dissertation and work on my CV but that isn't as much fun as sitting on the couch on a rainy day listening to music and knitting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both projects turned out beautifully. How did you make the dark brown trim on the sweater; it looks like fur. The cap is adorable; you did a wonderful job ... not only with making those hearts but also adding the crochet trim. Congratulations!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Both are so cute! I love the hat, and I'm dying to see a picture of you wearing it!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

The sweater is adorable! What a great job. Love the hat -- when I made it, I chickened out on the crochet trim and just sewed on an I-cord. Learning to crochet would have been faster ;) That hat is such a great pattern and you did a great job with the colors. I'm sure Mitch will love you all over again.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mitch Braff said...

Love the knitting. My kids are REALLY lucky to have Amber make them these beautiful clothes.
THANK YOU Amber!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home