Sunday, September 14, 2008

Now I remember

I went for my long run today-17 miles-and remembered my promise to myself never to do another marathon again. Running for that long just hurts. It would actually be ok except my knee is giving me problems and I am having to stop to stretch it. It would be really nice if it didn't hurt. But then I guess I would just notice some other ailment that I am currently ignoring cause my knee hurts. Running for that long is also a little boring. The path I take is very pretty, and I don't have to stop my whole run which trust me, is a major bonus as stopping and then starting again (due to traffic light or what have you) can be very painful. But the path is also very straight. Not a turn the whole time. That gets boring. I am also tired of other people on my run. Walkers mostly. Can't they see by the look of agony on face that any deviation from the path I have chosen results in pain? I don't want to have to avoid you when avoiding me is so much easier for you. People with trams are the worse. Don't get me wrong, I know the delights of going for a walk with a youngster, and a baby tram is sometimes the only way to get it done. It's nice. But when I have to stop running until they finally register that my pardon mes and excuse mes are because I want to get by and not trot behind them I get a little annoyed. Why? Cause it hurts to stop running! Can you tell I didn't have a very good run today? Although I am proud of myself for doing it.

In happier news Strictly Come Dancing (UK version of Dancing with Stars) begins next week. Yay! Even if I miss it I can watch it on the Internet for a week after. I am soooo excited. Hopefully everyone will be nice. Mark Foster will be on the show. He is nice looking :-) Although I have a feeling he can't dance. (he's a swimmer)

Here is a challenge. I need new music for my runs. My current favorite is Please Don't Stop the Music by Rhianna. I literally play it two or three times when it comes round, I find it that entertaining. Any suggestions for songs that just make you want to dance? Or keep running?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

HI Amber,
I haven't run a mile since the presidential physical fitness test in high school, but you might try Chromeo or the Ting Tings for some happy, energetic music.
Happy running!
Ginny

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find "My Perogative" by Bobby Brown to be fun to walk to, and certainly would be helpful for your mood when trams (prams?) are in the way. Also like some Maroon 5 songs, and Latin songs like "Smooth" or "I need to know" have a good beat. I like XTC a lot, and you're in England, but they are a bit sarcastic so maybe the energy will get you down... ? And let's not forget Ozomatli's "Street Signs," which has everything in spades.
Smade

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home