Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Training week one

Week one of marathon training went well. Not hard really. My long run was only 7 miles. I did realize however how much I am in need of new gear. It was a beautiful sunny summer day down in Poole and I made the mistake of wearing black-and a black hat no less. Very very warm. Sadly I don't think that will happen again as I sit on my couch and watch the clouds roll in. I am glad I have a gym to do my other shorter runs in as I feel last year I really didn't benefit from any speed training. I just can't be asked to run fast and than faster when nothing besides my two legs are going to make me. A machine however that dictates the speed for me, well that is another story-I'll run as fast as it tells me to. Am I lazy or what?

Going to be moving, again, and I think I will be going back to North London. I have enjoyed my time South of the river but there is something I find more peaceful about being North. And the commute to work will be a tad easier and probably the same amount of time. I look forward to some day living some place for longer than a year. I am beginning to wonder if that is ever going to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home