Thursday, September 18, 2008

To Kill a Mockingbird

I am re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird and I am really enjoying it. I of course can't help but think of the movie when I am reading the book, however I haven't read this since high school and thought it was a classic worth re-visiting. It has actually made me laugh out loud a couple of times, especially the bit when Scout asks her father to "pass the damn ham"-convinced that if she swears enough, Atticus won't make her go back to school.

The weather has finally turned nice although you can feel autumn coming on. It is almost warm but there is a certain kind of briskness to the air. The leaves are also changing colours and starting to fall to the ground. Autumn is a pretty time of year and seeing as how our summer was so miserable I am looking forward to it.

I finally got my Death Valley pictures developed but I could only find one role and I took several! I blame Martin-I am sure he was in charge of them! Too bad as they turned out really nice and I still love having actual pictures. Digital is great for obvious reasons but I STILL have yet to purchase my pictures from my trip to Sri Lanka, and that was over a year ago! Part of it is laziness and partly because I don't want to pay for it. Plus, I tend to order all of them and then choose the ones I don't want. Not smart I know but you never know which of them will turn out. I'll try and take some pictures this weekend in Poole so I have something nice to post on my blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home