Monday, May 18, 2009

Aspartame and Crocheting

These two things don't really go together but are two things I have been thinking about. Aspartame because I was eating a yogurt this weekend and for some reason it tasted odd to me. I began to read the ingredients and was shocked to find aspartame on the label. I try to avoid this as a sweetener as they say it is similar to poison and was distressed to find it in my breakfast. I am hopeful that when I look at other flavors this additive won't be in my future yogurt purchases.

Crochet I am thinking about because Martin's sister is pregnant and I thought I would make her a baby blanket. Looking on ravelry I found this one http://www.ravelry.com/projects/conicuts/noahs-ark-blanket. This being the cutest baby blanket I have ever seen I decided Janis must have it. Sadly, it is crochet, like many things worth having. So, I have busted out my crochet hook and started to practice. I am fairly confident I can get it to look decent as I have some crochet experience from the afghan we made our sister. So far though the test blanket doesn't look right and I have to rip it out and start over. Here is a crochet question for any one in the know...one of the instructions says to 3dc in each of the next 2 chains. Now I am assuming that this means you double crochet three times in the next and following chain. What I want to know is when you are doing this, where do you insert your crochet hook for the 2nd and 3rd dc? In the original chain? Cause that is what I have been doing and I am pretty sure it is right but something is going wrong. What could it be?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home