Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fall Down Go Boom

While running this weekend I had quite a tumble! Luckily I didn't hurt myself but it must have looked pretty bad. A woman in her car drove past while it was happening and turned around to make sure I was okay, with a look of horror on her face. I thought that was very nice of her. I basically just tripped over a crack and I could tell I was going to fall. I even made a half scream half cry kind of sound on my way down and had time to think, "that was a strange noise". I managed to land on my hands and side kind of and although it wasn't graceful I walked away nearly pain free. It did scare me though. Plththth.

Still waiting for my visa to be approved. Been about a month they have had it and in the meanwhile I keep hearing horror stories about various reasons why people have been rejected. Luckily I have prepared for every situation that has been illustrated to me and I should be okay.

I have been watching a lot of music television lately and Beyonce is on it a lot. She is on the radio a lot as well. Is she that popular in the States? I am a little tired of her personally. Although I do like that song Halo. (Halo halo)

Starting to prepare for a half marathon which takes place in October. I am running about 6 miles right now so I should hopefully be ok. I have decided I am not going to do any kind of training program. I am just going to up my mileage every week and do some cross training and that will be it. No more speed workouts, etc. I hated doing them and I still ran slowly so just forget it. I am also going to try and volunteer on an organic farm this summer. We aren't taking any vacations and I thought this would be a good opportunity to do something new in a new place. And see what is exactly involved in farming. The dream one day is maybe to have one where we have chickens and a milking cow and live off the land. Apparently there will also be a pig involved that will get slaughtered. Mmmmm. Anyway, that is a long term goal. And we will have to figure out which farmers it is that make money. You never hear about farmers being rich. They always seem to be struggling in one way or another. Except dairy farmers in England. Apparently that is the most cash lucrative. Too bad it is really bad on the environment and I wouldn't feel good farming cows. Yuck.

Speaking of farming cows I just read My Year of Meat. This was actually recommended to me a while ago but I couldn't find it in the book shop. A friend here had a copy and loaned it to me. It was a little far fetch I thought but it did remind me why I don't eat meat which I needed. I was beginning to reconsider and thought maybe I would start to eat organic only. Maybe But after I read this book that little flicker of an idea was extinguished. Now I am reading East of Eden. So far I love it.

Time for tea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home