Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Life As an Immigrant

I would like to just say that being a legal immigrant is no good. If you are going to immigrate to a foreign country, try to do it illegally. Because doing it the right way is expensive and not very productive. My visa application got rejected this week. Why? Well you could say it is because they are trying to get rid of as many people as possible, so they thought they would start with the highly educated and skilled workers who speak English and send them back from where they come from. What they told me it was because my letter from my University saying I had been awarded a Masters degree did not specifically say that my original certificate awarding me my degree is not available. Never mind it specifically says in the instructions that if you don't have your original certificate an official letter from the University stating you have been awarded the degree, along with your transcripts, would be adequate. And guess what! I can't just send them the stupid certificate and be done with it. Nope, have to send them a brand new application that will cost another £820 and take another 2 months to process. Which means another 2 months of no job and of not being able to look for one. I am very lucky I have Martin and a supportive family. I sincerely feel for all those people who have been rejected and are not able to re-apply due to finances or have anyone to go home to should they have to leave. Who I don't feel for is this stupid government that lets every Tom Dick and Harry from every country in the world except mine come into the UK, live off benefits and not contribute to society at all. Meanwhile, I pay taxes and do everything by the rules and I can't use the benefits I help pay for. I am a little pissed off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Plththththth!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe another trip to italy can uncover that record... a $200 search fee to get Grandpa's birth certificate doesn't sound so bad right now!
ADE

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home