Friday, July 08, 2005

My First Time

I went to a tanning salon for the first time today. It was an experience. As a So Cal girl I have always frowned on fake tans as I have always been able to tan often and successfully. But now that I live in San Francisco and have a real job-which means I can' race to the park on the off chance it is hot out-I had to go get a fake tan. Normally I wouldn't care but I am wearing a strapless top to Ginnys wedding and then my bridesmaid dress for Yuris wedding is strapless and I have AWFUL tan lines from the ride so I had to do something! I went today and I was actaully really nervous. I have discovered that the older I get the more claustrophobic I get and the idea of having to lie in this bed thing with a cover made me want to ditch this whole idea. But luckily they don't close the cover. Whew. The experience actually was not terrible. I went in and told him I wanted to tan for 20 minutes but he assured me this would be too long and I wouldn't be able to handle it. He didn't even think I would be able to handle 15. He obviously was unaware of my back ground and the extreme pleasure I take in being hot. All in all it was good. I am going to have to go back because the marks are still there but it was a good first experience.

Last night I rearranged my room. I am dying to go home and view it with fresh eyes. I think it is better but you never know until you walk in expecting it to look like it did. Tomorrow I am hosting Yuri's bridal shower. It should be fun but I don't know how many people will show. Not that many people RSVP'd and I got a lot of I don't know, I'll let you know that day. This is not helpful. And people please, RSVP to things. It is really annoying when you don't.

My boss is gone and my coworkers are "working" from home today so I am all alone in the office. Kind of nice really. I have to stay here because Mitch will call to make sure I am here but I have my computer and plan to study this afternoon. By the way, i got a really good deal on smartbargin.com for a duvet comforter and sheets. 500 thread count, hotel collection. And they are so pretty that I rearranged my room because I didn't feel they could be seen in their full glory with the other arrangement.

Todays GRE WORDS...

Chicanery-deception by means of craft or guile

opprobrium-public disgrace

Torpor-extreme mental and physical sluggishness

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicanery produces opprobium and leaves me in a torpor.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm "Anonymous"

Mom
x

4:27 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

I see you've taken on more than one word a day. I have decided that I can't handle learning multiple gre words at the same time...can we go back to just one?! I already forgot them all.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home