Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A decision has been made

So I have decided that rather than bust my ass and stress over this stupid GRE so I can apply for Grad school in the spring, I am just going to wait to take the test and apply for school for the fall. I have been so stressed out and with my first application due in less than a month I decided it was worth it to wait and submit my best possible application rather than try to rush it. I am bummed that I will have to postpone my plans but I think it is for the best. This way I will also be able to save more money as well and that is always a bonus. It is a drag but already I feel better. Getting in to school is really important to me and I am not sure if I would be able to rebound if I was rejected the first time around. So, more time to study and more time to learn stupid GRE words.

I went to Yosemite this last weekend and it made me realize how much I miss having a summer. You don't really realize in San Francisco that there is this whole season where it gets hot and it is enjoyable to spend time at places like the beach and the park. I had so much fun being outside and swimming in a lake and just being hot. I think this is why I am going to have to say goodbye to SF some day soon. I need a summer. I am tired of life without one. You can't really understand what I am talking about unless you have lived here, but anyone who has can attest to this. It is easy enough to leave the city, but without a car it just doesn't happen very often.

I have also decided that rest time is over and it is time to start exercising again. This was suppose to happen this morning with a swim before work, but when my alarm went off I quickly changed the time so I could get more sleep. Exercise will have to happen during the day. No waking up early. And because I have delayed my gradate school entry, I can participate in another year of the AIDS ride. This makes me happy. My friend Jen has decided to give it a try this year so I am really excited about that. I think I might also try and do another tri. I need some sort of goal to get my ass in shape.

Have you ever had flax seed oil? It is a really great thing for vegetarians because it provides you with Omega 3 which you usually get when you eat meat. The stuff is disgusting. It is really gross. I try to put it in things so I don't have to taste it but it is also an oil so it makes anything you add it to oily. Yuck.

today's GRE word:
Arrant: in the highest degree

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

Hi Amber,
This seems like a good decision because I know that you were really stressed out about the upcoming test. Sometimes it's better to be patient and plan rather than rush into something. I think you'll be happy with your choice. I'm totally the same way though...we're so used to being able to get what we want, when we want it that it's hard when you realize you can't!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home