Monday, July 25, 2005

I have no pictures but lots of stories

I haven't posted in a while because I didn't have any pictures to post. But if I waited for me to have pictures to post I would never write again so I decided to just write.

I went to Ginny's wedding a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely. The ceremony took place in Ross and it was HOT! I got to be in charge of the bus which meant I had to make sure everyone that was suppose to be there was there. Although this sounds like a simple task, don't forget that people don't always do what they are told and some people get anxious when the bus does not leave when they think it is suppose to. I like to be in charge though and it was fun to boss people around. I also had a bossy "co-worker" so between the two of us we got the job done. The place where the wedding took place was really beautiful and I could go into all sorts of details but I will spare you. Just know it was so wonderful to see them finally married and to celebrate it with so many people. I think this is the first wedding in a long time where I knew a lot of people in attendance so that made if extra fun. CONGRATS Ginny and Matt!

This last week my family was in town. All the girls came together on Tuesday in Sonoma at Chris' house. We went on a picnic and then a "hike". I love going to her house. It is so incredibly beautiful up there. It was nice that we were all together and I got to spend some time with Mmm and Jacob. They live in Chicago and I have not seen them since two Christmas' ago. They need to move back. My sister Kate was also in town who spent a couple of nights with me and my sister Adrienne and her son Matthew were also here. I took Thursday off and spent the day with them. We had a lot of fun and I had a really good time hanging out with Matthew. He is a great kid and a crack up! Now they are gone (except for Kate but she went back to Chris'). I hope they had fun. You never know when people are telling you the truth and when they are just being nice. It was interesting to have someone in my family stay with me. I had a lot of fun but it was strange to look at where I live and think about how she looked at it. I don't live in the best neighborhood-and by that I mean there are a lot of drugs and dirt and I am sandwiched between two housing projects, but other than that I really like where I live and feel completely safe. I mean, would I walk home alone at night? Of course not, but it was just interesting to see where I live with a fresh pair of eyes.

Studying sucks by the way. Am I EVER going to understand what the hell they are asking me? I only have three weeks and then the big day. I feel like throwing up just thinking about it. I am going to Yosemite this weekend but will be holed up the whole time studying. At least I won't be in the city.

todays GRE word...

untoward is a synomyn for stubborn

as in, 'When Bryan tries to take food away from me I become very untoward and refuse to share any."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber,

Did you know that 1 out of every 54 people you meet will have the same birthday as you?

-Dave

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home