Monday, August 08, 2005

I feel like the Time Travelers Wife

I just read a great book. I have heard a lot about it and I haven't had much time for reading until now. I decided to pick it up and give it a try. It is called The Time Travelers's Wife. About half way in I was wondering where this book could possible go. I was tired of the dialogue and format and didn't know if it could keep me engaged. Thank goodness I kept reading. It was a wonderful book. I am going through a hard time and for some reason this book made me feel better, optomisitic almost. It isn't a book that can alter time or the life that suspends in the pages, but rather shows how people deal with their everyday, which sometimes seems pointless and mute. Maybe everything does happen for a reason? Maybe? Who knows. All I know is I was feeling down and this book brought me up. I don't know if the effects will last when I have to face my empty room but maybe it will make my couch seem more comfortable.

This deciding to postpone college stuff is really bumming me out. I feel like my life is at a standstill. I yearn to travel, escape, do anything than what I am doing now. I am trying to think of a good goal for myself. Another AIDS ride? Yes. But it so far away. It can't sustain me for all these months. I am afraid I will give into my temptations and pack my bag and spend my savings on Spain, where better weather and language invite me to join them. Or maybe Mexico, where my dollars can be stretched far beyond the grasp of Europe? Who knows. I do know however that I am not happy in my here and now and that an escape is going to be necessary. I just don't know what and where that escape will be.

Ah, I am feeling poetic. I just finished the most lovely book and its language has tattoed my brain. It will be gone soon, so I figured I should enjoy its toxication while I can.

I have given up on the flax seed. Yuck

Todays GRE word

There isn't one. I'm taking a break. I'll let you know when it is over. (soon I am sure)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

I know that I've already told you this,but I too loved that book. What a lovely post Amber, but it made me want to go wherever you are and give you a big hug. Let me know if you want to get together and wallow in your boredom together!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home