Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SNOW

There is snow on the ground! Usually I sleep with my shade up so I have something nice to see when I wake up but it has been so cold lately that I have been putting it down to make my room warmer. This morning I woke up and it seemed unusually dark in my room so I went straight to the window to see what the weather was like. This is what I saw...
I am so excited! I want to go outside and play or something. It is suppose to keep snowing all week. This is really exciting for a city girl who doesn't see snow that often. I tried to convince my flatmate to go roll around in it with me but she said no.

I have my first knitting meeting tonight and I am soooo excited. Looks like I won't be able to do the marathon as I couldn't secure a spot so now I have to think of something else to do. I am still running quite a bit though, I am really enjoying it.

I think I will go bake cookies to win these knitters over. Apparently MEN go to this meeting although I am almost certain they are all gay as the people who organize the meeting are a gay couple. Bless their hearts.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow! We've had it twice in London; I guess this time it couldn't keep up with us. Enjoy!

Mom

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks cold. Yes the snow is fun to play in but after about 20 minutes you are done - and it remains cold outside. All in all snow is over-rated :-)

In my life I've had only one winter that could even be honored with the name - that was the one I spent in Bradford. Snow, ice, wind. I can say I've done them all, once, and that was plenty.

Now I feel that any place where you can't go outside at 5AM in shorts and a T-shirt is just not fit for habitation. Well not by me anyway :-)

Bummer about the marathon. There will be other opportunities though. Do you miss your bike?

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amber there are worse things than interning here over summer. What about the Huntington? Great archives. Japanese gardens. Tea house.
smadely

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home