Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Flooding

While the rest of Europe is enjoying a hot summer complete with sunshine, England has seen rain almost every day since May. What has resulted is a country devastated by flooding. It is really really bad. London is ok. There is a possibility of the Thames causing some problems but overall it hasn't been as dreadful when compared to the rest of the country. There have been a few storms that have passed through and dumped buckets on us, causing mayhem and irritation, but nothing like the M5, a major highway, being surrounded by water so it looks like it is a bridge rather than land. The pictures are pretty intense I recommend taking a look.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/968625.stm

In other news I ran ten miles on Sunday and had a sub 9 minute mile average. I think. I am kind of unclear on my Google map where in Regents park I stopped but I am almost positive I figured it out correctly. This week is a rest week which I am looking forward to. It doesn't mean I stop running but it does mean not so hard or long. I move into my new flat tomorrow and seeing as how I still have to pack I should get off my computer, stop procrastinating, and get to work!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scenes of the floods are sobering. Glad you're safe. Good luck on your move; hope everything works out well for you.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home