Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tour de France in London


I am very sorry to report that I have nothing to report. I had to work. I originally had been scheduled to work Saturday until 4:00 which left me plenty of time to catch some of the time trials. However, due to unforeseen circumstances I had to work a 12 hour shift and didn't get off work until 10:00. Boo. Had to work Sunday too. The good news is that it doesn't seem like I missed too much. Sure, it would have been exciting however there were about 2 million people there, literally, and apparently you couldn't see much. What with all the people and the riders riding as fast as they can, people said they didn't really get to see anything at all. So although I would have liked to have been there I am glad that it wasn't like the Grand Prix in San Francisco which is really a biking treat.

Today I had my first long run which in total was 7.2 miles. I ran a 9:16 pace which I was very very pleased with. (you are suppose to run at your slowest pace so this is very good for me) I decided to run someplace and take the tube home in hopes that the new route would inspire me. It worked! I ran to Regents Park and then did a loop around the park. I had a really good run. I am sore and tired but while running I felt myself being able to power through it and get it done. I really enjoyed myself and I kind of like this running stuff. I joined a running club and have my first club run this Wednesday. I am excited!

Now I am looking for a new place to live. I live North and want to move South where everyone my age seems to live. It will be exciting to move but as always, a pain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home