Sunday, July 15, 2007

A new home and 8 miles

This weekend I found a new flat to call home. I currently live North London. Very north. There isn't a whole lot going on up here and although I love my flat and the park across the street I feel a bit isolated. Plus all my friends live south and complain bitterly when they have to come see me. (all two times) So, I found a new place to live. It is South of the river in Clapham. I live literally minutes from Clapham common which is a huge park and the energy there is great. Lots of young people and tons to do. I will be living with one other girl and the flat itself is amazing. Hard wood floors, a washer AND dryer and it is a beautiful place. I am really excited.

Today I ran 8 miles and for the most part felt pretty good. The first part is always rough as your body warms up and comes to realize that you will be moving for a while. I have a nasty blister on the bottom of my foot (not from running) and although I managed to ignore the pain while moving now that I have stopped it is KILLING me. It hurts really bad. I am hoping tomorrow it will feel better. The last mile of my run was by far the best as I guess I realized that I didn't have to save any more energy as I was almost done. My pace was slower than last time but I am really pleased with my run over all. Now that it is over that is...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home