Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Now that I have learned that canned pumpkin is not something to be found in this country, and therefore no pumpkin cookies to be made, Thanksgiving means almost nothing to me and I almost forgot all about it! It wasn't until a co-worker asked me if I was sad cause I was missing it that I remembered. It isn't that I haven't had nice Thanksgiving pasts-I have had many! But there is so much I miss about home that I don't think adding another holiday to the mix is a good idea. However, it is nice to reflect and think about the things one is thankful for and I am very thankful for everything I have. I really am.

Working in a public library right now which I really like but sadly I don't get paid very much money. It almost feels like none! I got it through a temp agency and those bastards keep too much for themselves! I am still looking for my dream job that pays me loads of cash and allows me to take extravagant holidays. Where are you dream job? I am especially wistful because I am sick and at work now and wish I wasn't and going to take the day off tomorrow to get better but that means I don't get paid. Argh. And I don't get paid for the holidays either. Argh. But, at least I have a job and for that I am thankful.

Try to think of what your turkey is thankful for as you gobble it down. gobble gobble

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like when you say "argh!" It is funny.
Love Matthew

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home