Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Anne of Green Gables

Having a lot of time on my hands I find myself watching a lot of DVDs while working on my numerous knitting projects. The other day I watched the old Anne of Green Gables mini series and oh my god it was so good! I wasn't sure I was going to like it but I found it very very enjoyable! I of course read the book as a young girl but I don't remember too much about it-just that it was about a red headed girl and there was a boy involved somehow. What a pleasant trip down memory lane. And it was funny. It made me laugh out loud. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it. I kind of want to watch it again.

In my free time I also went to the National Gallery yesterday. I visited all the Impressionists and then dropped in on my favorite painting and read my book for a while. They had by coincidence put these big comfty chairs right in front of it so I thought it would be rude not to take a load off and enjoy. Very pleasant. The only problem is they have lots of school children coming through and large groups of kids are not my thing.

I am trying to get temp work while I wait for my new job to start. Every morning you are suppose to call to let them know you are free and I swear, every morning they say, oh, we have been calling EVERYONE trying to fill this post and we just found someone! Maybe next time. Ummmm, you didn't call me! So annoying. Grrrrr

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amber, if you are talking about the mini-series that Canadian TV did, I agree--that is so good! I was watching it when Paul came by my apartment in SF and wanted to go out and eat. I said, Okay, wait, I just want to see this scene (and the next one and the next one...) and Paul sat down and watched the entire thing to the end.
The book is both a crack-up and sad. I read it aloud to Matthew when he was nursing to keep myself entertained. This probably wasn't a great idea when I got to the end of the book... but otherwise it was very entertaining!
Smadely

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home