Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Book Thief

Since my life isn't too exciting right now I thought I would post on books that I am reading or have read. I just finished The Book Thief which I found surprisingly good. I bought it to read on a long train ride and although I found it a little annoying at first I ended up really liking it. It is about a young girl growing up in Nazi Germany and the story is told through the viewpoint of Death. I thought it was going to be really lame but it was good and even made me cry. I recommend it for an easy, fast read.

Now I am reading No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy, my new favorite writer. I read The Road not so long ago and it is my new favorite book. If you haven't read it, read it right now before they make a movie out of it. I get chills just thinking about it. After reading that I read All the Pretty Horses and the other two books in the trilogy, also by him. The middle one I didn't like at all, (I believe called The Crossing) the last was good and I loved All the Pretty Horses. After having taken a little break from him I am back and reading the before mentioned title. So far I like it-although I find myself getting confused. Final verdict will come shortly. I also read The Ice Cream War by someone else which I did not like so much and Remainder by someone (Matthew?) McCarthy and I am pretty sure I liked it but I can't for the life of me remember what it is about! I tend to do that with books-I forget them as soon as I finish them. Not sure this is a good trait in a librarian.

Have two interviews this week. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home