Thursday, January 08, 2009

My new bike!



Look! It is me on my new bike! Given to me by Martin for Christmas! Now I can join him on any and all biking adventures and be prepared should it be blazing through forests on our mountain bikes or traveling cross country on our road bikes. And it is bright pink! Sadly, this clashes with my blue helmet, which matches my other bike. Is it too much to have two helmets? I haven't been able to ride my bike as much as I would like as it is on holiday in Poole while I am at home in London, but I am looking forward to the many rides we will share together. This is me on my first ride and although the first ten minutes were a bit precarious, I soon began to love it and had to beg to be shown more places to ride. I am very excited about the new addition to an old hobby.


I hope everyone had a merry Christmas. I did and I think it was just the break I needed. I was feeling a bit blue before the holidays, having lost my job. Stressed would be another way to describe it. But now I feel much much better and I am enjoying my time off. I know soon I will run the risk of becoming bored but for right now I am enjoying my lie-ins and spending time doing whatever I please. Well almost anything.


During Christmas I also went flying in one of these...



It was really fun! I was pretty nervous about it but I tried not to think about it too much before hand. The take off was very fast and powerful and it was literally smooth sailing after that. I figured I should try it once and if I hated it I never had to do it again. Now that I have tried and didn't hate it, maybe it will lead to new adventures. Although it was really smooth. I am not sure if I would like it should it be bumpy.

I am going to go back to my book now, Pillars of the Earth, which I am really enjoying. I was given a gift certificate to buy more books for Christmas so how about telling me about your favorite book? I am always looking for something to read!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read A Suitable Boy. It will last you forever and it's about India, which is appropriate for someone living in England. Author = Vikram Seth.
Smadely

7:41 PM  
Blogger Ginny said...

Truth and Beauty is a must read. By Ann Patchett, it's a true story about her friendship with her best friend.
Ginny

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rain of Gold, by Victor Villasenor. Always the book I recommend - have you read it? Can't believe you got in that plane!! Kate

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home