Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Whole New You

As a new years resolution my sisters (and a sister's friend) and I are examining our habits and trying to find a whole new us. You can find it here...http://www.wholeliving.com/body-and-soul-challenge?lnc=7058a3cbdb70e110VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD.

Part of this self discovery is a cleansing diet where we basically turn into vegans who aren't allowed any caffeine or sugar. You ease into it for a couple of days, go hard for a few days and then ease back into what I think are more normal eating habits that include a cup of tea every now and again. My head is not amused by this diet and I have had a splitting headache for the last three days. Approx the same amount of time I haven't had a cup of tea. Hmmmm. I am also hungry all the time. I just finished a large bowl of lentils and I am already thinking about snack time, which consists of carrots and hummus. (I can't lie though, I already eat this all the time. I love it!)

That all said, I do think my body does appreciate this diet of ours. It has been good for me to get away from dairy and I just had a delicious meal that had no dairy, oil or salt. It was simply lentils with cooked spinach and onions with tomato and avocado tossed in at the end. It was delicious! I have slimmed down a little-not lost any weight mind you but feel a bit leaner-and I am definitely getting my five a day. So, although I am really excited to have a cup of tea and maybe a piece of chocolate, I am going to use what I have learned this week and not fill my diet with quick fillers but be more conscious of not cooking with things I don't need to cook with. Like added salt and a pound of cheese. Mmmmm, I love me some cheese.

My parents are in town right now so that has also made this diet a little inconvenient but I started the hard core bit early so that when we are in Poole this weekend I can relax a little. I am excited to show them Poole and on the way home they are going to meet Martin's parents, which I am also excited about. Sadly the weather has been pretty cold and miserable since they got here. They did not bring the California sunshine with them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired of spending 1 1/2 hours cooking!!!!!!
Smadely

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home