Friday, March 27, 2009

A new home

I am finally moved and back on-line. I have to say, not having access to the Internet for so long has been a little refreshing. Not being able to waste time surfing the net and browsing sites forces you to find other, more productive things to do with your time. However, it isn't so much fun not being able to communicate with anyone so I guess being back on-line is really for the best.

Been in the new house for about 3 weeks and I love it. The neighborhood is great, the house is great and living here so far has been great. The first week we moved in the weather was amazing all week and I got to take full advantage of the tow path just outside our house. Long walks, peaceful runs and leisurely bike rides. Very nice. There is a pub two doors that has just re-opened and so far it has been nothing but a plus. It is great place to meet your neighbors and to take visitors when you have no beer to offer them at your own home. No noise and usually closed up by 11:00. The green outside our door is good for people watching and picnics and the backyard will be perfect for BBQ and entertaining. We have started on our vegetable boxes and pretty soon hope to have them full. The extra space makes such a difference and it is nice not to feel like Martin and I are tripping over each other all the time. We don't have a lot of furniture yet so the lounge doesn't get used a lot, but we want to hold out for the perfect items. I am very happy in my new place and I can't wait for people to visit!

I have also started volunteering at Kew Gardens which so far I really like. They really seem to value their volunteers and prepare them well for the role they ask them to do. It has also been a good reminder that although I liked my job in the corporate world, I should probably be doing something that helps make life a little better for other people. It's tough. I really liked my job but I kind of feel guilty for working in a corporate world and not doing something more charitable. I will have to think about this for a while.

I am almost done with the book I have been reading, A Suitable Boy and I highly recommend it, as it was recommended to me. It is very long but you don't mind the length while reading it and I am more than sad that it will be over soon. The other day it made me cry on a bus. I was embarrassed but still couldn't manage to put it away!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

It all sounds perfect, especially the local pub! So happy for both of you.

Love,
Mom
x

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the pub sounds perfect... you can never drink so much that you can't make your way home!
Smadely

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home