Friday, October 30, 2009

Burrito Friday

One of the things I crave most from San Francisco is a burrito. I get off the plane and that is the first stop I make. I have tried Mexican food in London and it is a far stretch. Nachos are made with cheese Doritos and enchiladas with barbecue sauce. But, near the British Library, someone who has been to San Francisco has opened up a burrito shop and it ain’t bad folks. Not bad at all. I like going there not only for the tasty burritos (made with black beans which are finally being offered here on a somewhat easy basis. Before you had to buy the dried kind or have them shipped in!) but of the nice mural on the wall depicting all the GOOD burrito places in San Francisco. It is almost like I am back home. I find it comforting. The only bad thing is it is very popular with the many many many college students in the area and if you don’t get there early you have to wait in a very long time. That I don’t like. Makes me feel old. :-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

It's a start; let's hope it catches on. Perhaps the popularity of the place will encourage others. The only Mexican food I've had in London (from grocery store freezers) is abysmal. I always take my own tortillas, then buy cheese there for quesadillas. It's barely passable.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever you leave London (for a visit somewhere else or an extended stay), I'm sure you'll (eventually) miss the quality Indian food to be had there. Plus the fact that Indians cook with tofu frequently.
Smadely

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home