Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I am reading the worse book

I am reading right now Urlsla Under and I am not enjoying it at all. The dialogue is AWFUL! It makes me never want to have children. The way the writer portrays the child is so annoying. I don't like her at all. And the dialogue between the two adult main characters is even worse. They don't sound like anyone I know except people I don't know for a reason. I am tempted to call it quits and put the book down but I am half way through and feel since I have suffered this long I might as well finish. Argh. I didn't think it was a book I would like when I bought it-one of those books that takes you through the ancestory of the characters, but the woman who wrote Time Travelers Wife gave it a thumbs up and since I really liked her book I figured it must be good. WRONG! Trust your instincts Amber, they are seldom wrong! Now the two books I want to read sit waiting to be read, promising more enjoyment and entertainment than what I am suffering through now. Has anyone heard of this book?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ginny said...

Chuck it! There's no reason to force yourself to read something you don't like.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Ginny: toss it!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Wow, I didn't know you broke up with your bf until today. Sorry, to hear that.. For me, I think being single gives me time to think and really analyze my life. It gets lonely once in a while, but I think it makes us a better partner in the long run.

I've seen girls who have given up and just pick up the very next guy who give them attention because they are lonely. Believe me guys takes advantage of that. Just don't give up on what you expect from a man that you are looking for. I know that you already know that, but there's a guy out there looking for you and if you give him time he will find you.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home