Monday, August 15, 2005

A Weekend Getaway

This weekend I went to my folks house in the OC to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday. I feel like I spent more time traveling than I did actually enjoying the trip. It always sounds like a good idea to fly down to Orange County but I sometimes wonder if it would be quicker to just drive. Saturday I left my house at 10:30 and did not arrive at my brothers until 3:30. Sunday I left my brothers at 1:45 and didn't get to my house until 6:30. Seems like driving would be faster. At least you would be able to see things and not have to get on a God awful plane. AND you can stop at In-N-Out on the way and enjoy a charming grilled cheese and strawberry shake. That alone I think would make it worth it.

The party was a great success. My sister and I flew down and surprised my dad. He knew my brother was hosting them for dinner, but did not know who would be attending. There was also some friends of my parents in attendance and it was a really nice evening. My niece even did a birthday rap for my dad, which was fantastic. My brother and Alison make very good hosts. They also have some really great children. Devin and Jared are the sweetest kids and Colin-damn is he cute. He had a really good time getting smacked in the head with a balloon. He loved it!

Now I am back in foggy foggy SF. I am thinking about what my next challenge will be and I am thinking marathon. I am not sure I can run that long due to the sheer boredom of running, but the older I get the more I enjoy it. I am not picking the best time to start training as soon it will be really cold instead of kind of cold and actually raining instead of big droplets of water from the fog. But, if I make up my mind to do it I will. I just haven't made up my mind yet.

Still no GRE word. I am thinking next week I will get back on the studying horse.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GRE for the day: agave!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I don't like tequila-gross

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops: the "agave" writer is Mom! Sorry.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Ah-scrabbler players be aware!

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home