Wednesday, September 14, 2005

An era has ended

The gloomy weather today pretty much matches my mood. Yesterday Stinky left the country and he is not coming back. He has moved back to Ireland and now our house is empty of his belongings and his presence. Already it feels so empty.

I feel so lucky to have known Brian for so many reasons. It was weird to walk into my house last night and know that he wasn't home and never would be again. I am just glad I have Genie here. I went with Dan to see Stinky off to the airport and although I managed to keep it together while we said our goodbyes, it was an awfully emotional drive back to the city.

This is the first time as an adult where I have had to say goodbye to someone. You leave college and the friends you make there, but you knew it was going to happen and accepted it as a part of life. When you have to say goodbye to a friend who you don't want to lose contact with, it is a lot different. It makes me really sad. I know that we will continue to be friends but it is not the same when you see someone everyday and then all of the sudden they are half way around the world and not coming back. I just look forward to seeing him in April when I deliver myself to Irelands doorstep.

Our last month was Stinky was a rememberable one, although all our time with him has been. Monday we had our send off dinner and decided to share our favorite memory. I couldn't think of one. Not a favorite one. And then I realized it is because all of my memories of Brian are my favorite. They all make me smile.

Goodbye Stinky-I miss you already!

As a side note I have started a sweater. Yeah! I am very proud of myself for starting although it will take me years to finish it. I think it is a good sweater for a first one and I am excited about it. I just hope I don't mess up and have to rip anything out. I hate that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

haha, I used to live in SF and the weather isnt really that bad except during your winter season. :-)

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home