Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I won’t be celebrating Thanksgiving until Saturday but I was given a dozen long stem pink roses to mark the day and will be spending time with some American (rather one American and one Jamaican) friends later in a not very American English pub. Saturday we go next door to our American and English neighbours who are kindly hosting a Thanksgiving lunch. The highlight of which will no doubt be the pumpkin cookies I plan to make from the one can of pumpkin I have left over from last year. Can’t wait! (although they won’t be able to rest the traditional one day after baking for optimal yummyness) It isn’t the same but it is something. I am thankful I have people around me who realise how important it is to celebrate American holidays, even though we aren't in America. Happy Thanksgiving and lots of love from London!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom said...

Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie. Wish we were all together today.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home